The Becker Decker Chicken Veggie Sandwich
Courtesy of Fast Fixin' Chicken Nugget Recipes
Whole Wheat Hoagie Roll (or whole wheat hotdog bun)- toasted
Fresh Spinach Dressing
Fast Fixin' chicken nuggets
Variety of raw vegetables, you may choose what you like:
red/yellow/orange/green peppers- sliced
black olives- sliced
purple onion- sliced
lettuce or raw spinach – leaf or shredded
banana peppers (sweet or hot, as preferred)- sliced
(Optional) Cheese – shredded or sliced (cheddar, mozzarella, colby, swiss, muenster, provolone- any choice preferred)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen chicken nuggets flat on baking sheet, approximately 3-4 nuggets per sandwich.
- While oven is pre-heating, prepare spinach dressing (see recipe below).
- Bake chicken nuggets 12-15 minutes, to bake nuggets evenly on both sides, turn nuggets over halfway through baking time, return tray to oven and complete baking.
- While chicken nuggets are baking, wash, slice and prepare variety selected vegetable toppings for sandwich.
- During last minute of baking, slice open hoagie roll and place on baking sheet to toast/warm.
- Remove chicken nuggets and roll from oven. Spread 1-2 Tbsp of spinach dressing on warm hoagie roll. Layer with chicken nuggets. If adding cheese, sprinkle over chicken nuggets to melt the cheese. Layer remaining vegetable ingredients as desired, creating a garden chicken sandwich with many colors, flavors, and textures.
- For complete menu- serve sandwich along with ½ cup coleslaw (see recipe below), ½ cup canned fruit or piece of fresh fruit, 1 cup skim or low fat milk. Nutritious and Delicious.
Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.