This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
Just a month before Christmas, hundreds of families have already planned their home swap vacation for the winter break.
Barcelona (PRWEB) November 30, 2012
In the past two months, Knok - the fastest growing home exchange site - has noticed a significant increase in the traffic the website is receiving. The community is active and bustling with activity as several users are planning their Christmas holiday swaps. The number of searches, as well as the messages exchanged amongst the members in the community, has increased by 67% compared to the previous year. This growth is yet another sign of how people are starting to consider home exchange as an extremely viable way to travel during their holidays.
The top cities for home exchanges in Knok's community are of course, the classic New York City but also Prague, London, Paris, and Berlin. There is also a selection of home swaps planned in ski destinations in Spain, France and Switzerland. And as new and exciting destinations for this season we have members travelling to South Africa, Greece, Brazil and Mexico saving approximately $2,500 on a one week vacation for a family four. With so much time in their hands, families take advantage of their children's holidays and plan short getaways by swapping their home and saving up on their accommodation expenses.
Christmas holidays are the time of the year where families meet and stay together under one roof. The number of vacant homes grows during the winter holidays but this is starting to change. Home swappers realize the opportunity that lies in their vacant home and frequently opt for non simultaneous exchanges. Winter holidays are the time of the year where more non simultaneous home exchanges take place. This means, that one of the families will travel to the home in Christmas and the other family will travel to the home in a different period of the year.
47% of the individuals that have agreed on their winter home swaps, already swapped their homes this summer and are repeating this winter. The remaining 53% are first time swappers who are ready to experience this new way of travelling the world. "More and more people discover home exchange as a way to travel around the world, and that's the best Christmas gift for Knok's team," concludes Juanjo Rodriguez, founder of Knok.
Knok (http://www.knok.com) is a home exchange community. Founded in 2011 in Barcelona, Knok offers an intelligent search and recommendation system and includes a home exchange insurance in its membership. The community has thousands of members in 147 countries in the world and is a global leader in home exchange.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/11/prweb10181419.htm