Community America Savin' Maven Amy Grothaus share this simple "Everything Must-Go" casserole dish that is a great post-Thanksgiving recipe, wonderful with leftover turkey.
1½ cups canned or frozen green beans or corn (could be leftover)
¾ cup chicken stock or low-fat milk
1 can of cream of whatever soup (cream of chicken)
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cooked brown or white rice
¼ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
2 cups diced, cooked turkey (any meat would do!)
1 cup of low-fat cheese, shredded
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix stock, soup and Greek yogurt together.
3. Add rice, pepper and turkey.
4. Stir in 1/3 of the cheese until well covered.
5. Transfer mix to the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Cook for approximately 25 minutes or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese has melted
Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.