Eric Carter with Providence New American Kitchen, located at 1329 Baltimore Ave., helps people spice up Thanksgiving dinner or just add a new twist to their traditional table with this seared lamb rack recipe.
Braised White Beans Ingredients:
• 1 pound mushrooms (assorted, cremini)
• 2 tablespoons carrot, small dice
• 2 tablespoons shallot, small dice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
• Black pepper
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1/4 cup red wine
• 1 tablespoon herbs de provence
• 1 quart broth (lamb preferable)
• 16 ounces cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1. Carefully brush mushrooms with a mushroom brush or towel to remove dirt. Cut larger mushrooms in half or into 1/2-inch slices; keep smaller mushrooms whole.
2. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, vegetables, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for three minutes, until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add wine, tomato paste, beans and broth; cook for three minutes more, until mushrooms are soft and beans are heated through. Adjust seasonings, and keep warm until ready to serve.
Seared Local Lamb Rack Ingredients:
• 1 lamb rack, frenched and portioned into two bone chops
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season lamb and sear over high heat to develop a nice caramelization. Finish in a 400 degree oven for approximately eight to 10 minutes to reach medium rare.
To finish the dish:
Place white beans in the center of the plate and top with the seared lamb chop. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the remaining lamb broth and sauce over the beans.
Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.