FAIRWAY, KS (KCTV) -
1 cup (2 sticks unsalted butter) at room temperature
1 (8oz.) package of cream cheese at room temperature
3 cups sugar
6 eggs at room temperature
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 cups of flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray three 8 inch cake pans with a nonstick baking spray.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and the cream cheese for about 3 minutes.
- Add Vanilla extract and almond extract
- Add eggs one at a time
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted into cake.
- Cool for 30 minutes before topping each layer with ganache.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 – 12oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat whipping cream in a sauce pan until it begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and mix in chocolate chips until dissolved.
- Let stand for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Glaze each cake layer and let them rest until ganache has hardened on each layer.
- Finish each layer with strawberry glaze before stacking cake layers for a finished cake.
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 of a 16 oz. container of frozen sliced strawberries
1/4 cup cold water
2 Tbsp. corn starch
2 pints of fresh sliced strawberries
- In a medium saucepan, heat jam, sugar and frozen strawberries until simmering on low heat.
- Mix water and corn starch together. Add to simmering mixture and stir until thickened.
- Cool for 15 minutes and fold in fresh sliced strawberries. Top each ganached layer of cake with strawberry mixture.
- Stack cake layers and enjoy!