From SEC Sports
SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Oct. 13, 2012)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Fr. • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel accounted for an SEC single-game record 576 total offensive yards in Texas A&M's 59-57 win at No. 23/24 Louisiana Tech. His performance bettered his SEC record of 557 yards, set earlier this year against Arkansas.
• He rushed for 181 yards on 19 carries and three touchdowns and also completed 24-of-40 passes for 395 yards with three more touchdowns and an interception.
• His 72-yard touchdown run with 2:04 left in the game put the Aggies ahead 59-44.
• His offensive total is the third highest ever for an NCAA FBS freshman and he is the first player in SEC history to have more than 500+ total offensive yards in two games.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 232 • Jr. • Theodore, Ala.
• Mosley accounted for a team-high 12 total tackles with a sack, fumble recovery and QB pressure in Alabama's 42-10 win at Missouri.
• The Crimson Tide defense held Mizzou to just 129 total yards (31 in the first half) and just three rushing yards.
• Mosley's fumble recovery at the end of the first half ended a drive that had reached the UA 9-yard line.
• Alabama's defense allowed only a field goal (MU other points on KOR) and held Mizzou to six 3-downs-and-out possessions.
• Alabama leads the nation in all major defensive categories - scoring, total, pass, rush, pass efficiency - as well as tied for first in turnover margin.
SEC Tri-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 180 • Jr. • Russellville, Ark.
• Hocker hit all seven of his PAT attempts and had six touchbacks in eight attempts in Arkansas' 49-7 win against Kentucky.
5-11 • 203 • Sr. • Raleigh, N.C.
• Rose was 2-for-2 on field goals (39 & 28 yards) and hit all five of his PAT attempts as well as recording three touchbacks in Ole Miss' 41-20 win against Auburn.
Return Specialist/Wide Receiver
6-3 • 205 • Jr. • Rock Hill, S.C.
• Patterson tallied 197 all-purpose yards, including a 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, in Tennessee's 41-31 loss at Mississippi State.
SEC Co-OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 321 • Jr. • St. Petersburg, Fla.
• Halapio graded out a team-high among Gator offensive linemen in Florida's 31-17 win at Vanderbilt. Gators rushed for 326 yards, averaging 9.3 yards per rush, most in an SEC game since 2008.
6-3 • 305 • Sr. • Columbus, Miss.
• Graded out at 95 percent with 12 knockdown blocks, despite missing third quarter due to injury, in Mississippi State's 41-31 win against Tennessee.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 260 • Jr. • Greenwood, S.C.
• Montgomery had three tackles including two sacks and a forced fumble in LSU's 23-21 win over No. 3 South Carolina.
• The Tiger defense limited the Gamecocks to just 34 rushing yards and 211 total yards and held Carolina to just 3-of-13 third down conversions.
• He had a sack for an 11-yard loss on a third-down attempt for South Carolina late in the fourth quarter to help preserve the LSU victory.
SEC Co-FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 235 • Baton Rouge, La.
• Hill tallied career highs in yards (124) and TDs (2) on 17 attempts in LSU's 23-21 win over No. 3 South Carolina.
• His 50-yard TD run late in contest gave Tigers insurmountable 23-14 lead.
• 118 of his yards came in the second half as he became the first player to go over 100 rushing yards against South Carolina this season.
6-1 • 200 • Kerrville, Texas
• See notes from Offensive Player of the Week above.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 7
C BARRETT JONES (Alabama) -- Graded at 92 percent with no penalties, no sacks and no QB pressures against Missouri.
QB TYLER WILSON (Arkansas) -- Completed 23-of-31 passes for 372 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions against Kentucky.
RB TRE MASON (Auburn) -- Rushed for 82 yards on 18 carries and two touchdowns and had 58 kickoff return yards against Ole Miss.
QB JEFF DRISKEL (Florida) -- Rushed for career-high 177 yards and three rushing touchdowns against Vanderbilt.
P LANDON FOSTER (Kentucky) -- Punted eight times at Arkansas for a 48.4 yard average, with four for more than 50 yards.
QB BO WALLACE (Ole Miss) -- Became first player in school history to pass, rush and receive touchdowns in the same game against Auburn.
LB BERNARDRICK McKINNEY (Mississippi State) -- Freshman tallied 14 total tackles against Tennessee.
RS MARCUS MURPHY (Missouri) -- Returned kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown against Alabama - his fourth return for a score this season.
PR/WR ACE SANDERS (South Carolina) -- Returned punt 50 yards to set up South Carolina's second touchdown against LSU.
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS (Vanderbilt) -- Caught eight passes for 131 yards and a touchdown against Florida.