CAVATELLI CATANIA (serves 4)
courtesy of Michael Garozzo
- ½ Jar (13oz) of Garozzo's Sugo (Sicilian Style Tomato Sauce)
- 1 1 pound bag of Cavatelli Pasta (or and shell pasta)
- 1 cup Diced Red Onion
- 3 tsp. Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 cups Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Butter (2 oz.)
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Grated Romano Cheese
- Cook pasta al dente according to directions on back of package.
- Sautee onion and garlic in butter in medium-high until brown.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Garozzo's Sugo, blend for 1 minute.
- Add Chicken Stock and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked pasta, return to a boil, and serve immediately.
- Top with fresh grated Romano Cheese.
Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.