FAIRWAY, KS (KCTV) -
The Kurlbaum Tomato Ladies No Cook Pasta Sauce
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 tsp red chili peppers (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry pasta of your choice
Makes 4 servings
- In a large bowl, stir together the tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, and basil. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well, and let stand for at least one hour at room temperature to blend the flavors.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, and serve topped with sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.