Day care evacuated due to gas leak - KCTV5

Day care evacuated due to gas leak

Posted: Updated:
Photo Courtesy: KCTV5 Photographer Brett Hacker Photo Courtesy: KCTV5 Photographer Brett Hacker

Firefighters said a day care was evacuated due to a gas leak.

The Olathe Fire Department has cleared the scene and gas utility workers are capping the leak, which occurred at East Dennis Avenue and Harrison Street.

For safety reasons, firefighters evacuated the day care at that location and closely monitored a veterinarian office adjacent. The children and workers at the daycare have been sent home for the day.

Olathe police had blocked off Dennis Avenue between Harrison and Chestnut streets to keep traffic from the area.

Fire officials said the leak was caused by underground construction in the area. The parents of the children from the day care center have been contacted and all of the children are safe.

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.