FIND Success at Garmin
Join the Team
Making great products takes great people. Our employees play a huge role in the continued success of our company. From engineering to marketing to operations and administration, we are always looking for talented individuals to join the Garmin family. We offer excellent compensation and a rewarding benefits package for our employees:
One Big Happy Family
At Garmin, we share a common vision and enthusiasm for the products and services that we develop. And what's really great is that we all respect each other and realize that cooperative team effort and dedication are essential to the continuous growth of the company.
We like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on such cool products that you can truly be proud of and work with fantastic, hard-working individuals sharing the same passion. And hey, you might even make a friend or two in the process.
Click here to learn more about Garmin with stories from the inside.
Garmin is seeking a Payroll Specialist to assist with the administration of the payroll process, including transmission of bi-weekly payroll, data entry of associate information and, associate maintenance activity, in Oracle, administration and setup in Kronos, analysis and preparation of reports for associate activity, and distribution of payroll checks.
- Responsible for transmission of bi-weekly payroll
- Entry and maintenance of associate information in Oracle HR Management system
- Entry of 401K/Roth contribution and loan changes received from T. Rowe Price
- Assist with administration and setup of associate and schedule information in the Kronos timekeeping system
- Handles administration of attendance edits in associate records in Kronos Timekeeping system
- Process and post reimbursement payments including distribution of reimbursement checks
- Prepare quarterly turnover and declined offer reports
- Records ESPP and stock option sales in ADP
Other responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess the following required education, experience & skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience performing a role that is substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Must possess a minimum of 3+ years experience working in payroll or payroll accounting performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description
- Must possess proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess a proven track record in performing roles which require being detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Experience working with Kronos Workforce Central timekeeping system
- Experience working with an Oracle HR management system