The University of Kansas Hospital
Be Among the Best
Take your place among the best in health care as part of our elite team at The University of Kansas Hospital, the region's premier academic medical center. We invite you to join us as we lead the way, setting new standards for advanced and compassionate patient care.
This week's Feature positions:
DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER
Category: Allied Health/Ancillary
Department:CC BREAST CENTER
Schedule: Full Time
Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge medical research. The Radiology Department is staffed with Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and Nuclear Medicine Physicians dedicated to providing quality patient care.
We currently have an opening for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- Uses high frequency sound waves to produce visual images of organs, tissues, or blood flow of internal structures that assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury and fetal development.
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history and communicates findings to the appropriate radiologist.
- Interacts with physicians and other technical staff to provide quality, safe and efficient care for the patient.
- Identifies nursing needs and notifies nursing or physician if assistance is needed.
- Instructs technology students, medical students, and residents regarding exams and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
- Registered or eligible candidate in the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Registered Radiographer (ARRT) plus 1 or more additional modality registries is desirable.
- 5 years experience in a medical center environment is preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must become registered in abdomen and OB/GYN with ARDMS within 12 months.
- Must become registered in vascular technology with ARDMS within 15 months.
- Must become registered in breast technology with ARDMS within 15 months to work in the Breast Center.
Category: Nursing Professionals
Facility:Hospital Main Campus, KS
Department:CC RADIATION THERAPY
Schedule: Full Time
Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Unit Coordinator in our Nursing Services area.
- Coordinates daily staffing needs on unit and re-evaluates staffing with changes in unit work flow.
- Makes patient care assignments based upon nurse competencies and patient care needs.
- Assists staff with patient care issues.
- Facilitates seamless transition of patients in the admit/transfer/discharge process.
- Provides education to the patients and families regarding disease and treatment plan.
- Contributes to the orientation, education, and evaluation of staff.
- Keeps manager informed of department or patient care problems or needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
- 2 years clinical experience is desirable.
- Current Kansas RN license.
- Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
PRN OBSTETRICS TECHNICIAN
Category: Patient Care Support
Facility:Hospital Main Campus, KS
Department:NS LDR LABOR DELIVERY
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Obstetrics Technician.
- Works under the direction of the RN Unit Coordinator and reports patient needs and outcomes.
- Provides for patient safety and reports conditions of risk; seeks appropriate assistance to perform patient care safely.
- Bases decisions, actions and performance of all technical skills on standards of care and approved protocols and techniques.
- Receives/relays all forms of communication accurately, promptly, courteously, and to the appropriate person/department.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as an OR Tech is required.
Hematology and Oncology Nursing Careers Hematology and Oncology Nursing Careers
Why Work Here?
No one in the region offers employees more than The University of Kansas Hospital. In addition to a strong compensation package, we provide medical insurance, short- and long- term disability, paid time off and a retirement plan with many investment options.