Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Wayne, Pennsylvania, is a global leader in supplying and overhauling aerospace systems and components. Operating in 64 locations including Grandview, MO, Triumph designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aerostructures, aircraft components, accessories, subassemblies and systems. A wide variety of products and services are offered through two operating groups: Triumph Aerospace Systems Group, and Triumph Aftermarket Services Group.
The Company serves a broad, worldwide spectrum of the aviation industry, including Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft and aircraft components, as well as commercial and regional airlines and air cargo carriers.
The Company's diversification, coupled with ever broadening product offerings, allows it to respond to the changing needs of its customers and the marketplace. Triumph is ideally and uniquely positioned as one of the few companies worldwide that can offer a total solution of products, services and systems to the largest aerospace and airline companies in the industry.
We believe that Triumph's over-riding philosophy - to protect the integrity of the individual companies and the products and services they provide, while offering each company the advantages of being part of a larger corporate entity - provides the best of both worlds for our employees.
As a Triumph employee, you are part of an operating unit with a "small company" feel where you really count and can make a difference. At the same time, you are part of the larger corporation and can participate in the benefits available to you as part of that larger group.
Triumph is currently hiring for the following positions:
Set up and operates CNC machines and machine centers to perform various functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, and boring of metals, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinabitilty of materials, blue print reading, and industrial math.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and interpret prints, mylars, travelers, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, set up procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Secures and aligns tooling, attachments, and workpiece on the machine.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine. Inspects tooling for proper condition.
- Load and download program using electronic media such as tape, disk, or through DNC.
- Set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Dry runs machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Communicates with supervisor or programming associates to resolve program or machining problems.
- Edits or enters commands to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Communicate, written and verbal, with co-workers and supervisors for instructions and to coordinate activities.
- Operate machine to the highest level of efficiency.
- Change cutting tools as needed and set up according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to print specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Inspect and measure parts for conformance to specifications.
- Follow procedures for nonconformance parts and assist with cause and corrective actions.
- Maintain production control boards.
- Clean and deburr parts.
- Perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Proper documentation to quality records, manufacturing plans, SPC charts and data collection.
- High School education or equivalent
- Vocational Training/Machine Tool Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years experience.
CNC Maintenance Technician
- Check air compressor.
- Repair machine breakdowns.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Co-ordinate building maintenance.
- Install conduit and air lines when needed.
- Check and maintain air dryers.
- Install machinery.
- Assist in grounds keeping, i.e. snow removal.
- Supply coolant and oil for all machinery.
Schedule and perform preventative maintenance. Repair electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic machine tools. Fabrication of parts for machinery. Installation of machinery. Assist Maintenance Associates with problem solving.
- Minimum 5 years working experience with Vertical and Horizontal machining centers.
- Minimum 5 years working experience with CNC controls, A/C & D/C axis drives and relay logic.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of reading and interpreting electrical schematics, mechanical and pneumatic drawings as well as hydraulic prints.
- Excellent skill level at interpretation of drawings and blueprints.
- Capability of performing tasks with little or no supervision and co-ordinate decisions with Maintenance Supervisor regarding equipment repair.