Carbon monoxide sickened eight people at an Olathe restaurant Monday.
The Johnson County Fire Department was called about 11 a.m. to the Noodles & Co. at 15208 West 119th Street in Olathe.
Two employees of Noodles & Co. were transported by ambulance to the hospital, but are expected to recover. Five people were treated at the scene but not taken to the hospital. An eighth person drove himself to the hospital.
Some carbon monoxide fumes were found in a nearby Radio Shack, but the fumes originated from the Noodles & Co. business.
No one was transported from the Radio Shack store. Three other businesses in the strip mall were also evacuated as a precaution. Those four businesses have reopened but Noodles remains closed as a private company makes repairs.
Tuesday, September 2 2014 11:12 PM EDT2014-09-03 03:12:05 GMT
The World Food Program says it provided food to a record 4.1 million people inside Syria last month.More >
Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant...More >
Tuesday, September 2 2014 4:42 PM EDT2014-09-02 20:42:09 GMT
Canadian police say pop star Justin Bieber has been charged with dangerous driving and assault after a collision between a minivan and an ATV led to a physical altercation in southwestern Ontario.More >
Canadian pop star Justin Bieber faces new charges after he was arrested for dangerous driving and assault following a collision between a minivan and an ATV that led to a physical altercation involving a photographer, his...More >