A woman says investigators have questioned her four times about a cell phone call made from one of Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin's cell phones just a few hours before they reported their daughter missing.
Megan Wright told CNN Monday that the telephone call came in between 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Oct. 3.
Bradley and Irwin told police about 4 a.m. Oct. 4 that their daughter had been snatched was from her crib while she was sleeping. Bradley initially said she last saw her daughter at 10:30 p.m. Oct. 3, but later said she was drunk that night and last saw her daughter around 6:30 p.m.
Bradley and Irwin have repeatedly insisted that the kidnapper stole the family's three cell phones but the cell phones weren't working because of nonpayment. In court documents filed in mid-October, police said they have yet to recover the cell phones.
"I didn't have my phone at the time, but apparently there was a 50 second phone call from one of the family's phones to my cell phone. About 50 seconds long," she said. "I don't know what was said or who called or who answered my phone. But that's what the police have been questioning me about."
Wright said she received her phone back between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Oct. 3, just a few hours after the mysterious phone call was received.
Wright, who has been residing in a home about a mile from baby Lisa's home on Lister Avenue in the Northland, said she does not know either Irwin or Bradley.
She said she and seven other people she lives with share the cell phone, which is why she doesn't know some of the details about the phone call.
"We have eight people that live here and only one cell phone at the time so it was pretty much community (property)," she said. "Whoever needed my phone."
But Bill Stanton, a New York private detective working on the case, told Fox News this weekend that Wright may know someone connected to the case.
Wright dated a neighborhood handyman known as "Jersey."
"He's an ex-boyfriend of mine," Wright said Monday. "We dated for about five months. I met him when I lived further down on Brighton. He was just a friend of a friend. He and I were together, for like I said, about five months. After I ended up moving in here, we broke up shortly afterwards and it was a couple of weeks before baby Lisa went missing."
Wright said she did not know whether "Jersey" knew Bradley or Irwin. She said as a drifter he went door to door looking for work and may have stopped at their home.
Whether "Jersey" or someone else received the 50 second phone call was unknown Monday night. It was also unclear Monday how Wright's cell phone could have received such a call from one of the Bradley-Irwin cell phones since the parents had said they were incapable of making phone calls.
Kansas City Police Department spokesman Steve Young said he could not discuss investigators interviews with Wright. However, Young did say the man known as "Jersey" has been interviewed and cleared of any involvement in the baby's disappearance.
"We spoke to him and are moving on," Young said.
Police have cleared more than a 1,000 leads. Lisa went missing four weeks ago. Bradley has said she expects to be arrested in connection with her daughter's disappearance, but police have not publicly identified a person of interest in the case.
Wright told CNN that she had placed an online advertisement for an electronics item and used the cell phone number called by the Irwin-Bradley cell phone. She said the FBI saw the number and set up a fake appointment to buy the item shortly after baby Lisa went missing, Wright said. That is when the first interview occurred.
Tuesday, September 2 2014 11:12 PM EDT2014-09-03 03:12:05 GMT
The World Food Program says it provided food to a record 4.1 million people inside Syria last month.More >
Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant...More >
Tuesday, September 2 2014 4:42 PM EDT2014-09-02 20:42:09 GMT
Canadian police say pop star Justin Bieber has been charged with dangerous driving and assault after a collision between a minivan and an ATV led to a physical altercation in southwestern Ontario.More >
Canadian pop star Justin Bieber faces new charges after he was arrested for dangerous driving and assault following a collision between a minivan and an ATV that led to a physical altercation involving a photographer, his...More >