Serial killer denied new trial: Sowell swears when he leaves the courtroom
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -
Judge Dick Ambrose denies convicted serial killer Anthony Sowell a new trial. While Cuyahoga County Sheriff Deputies were escorting Anthony Sowell out of the courtroom, he said "don't bring me down here for any more of this bull-s---, I was sleeping nice."
Sowell's attorneys based the motion for a new trial largely on a news conference that jurors held after they recommended the death penalty. One juror referred to a wink that she says she got from Sowell. Attorneys want a hearing to determine whether the jury was biased or influenced in some way.
51-year-old Sowell was found guilty for the murder of eleven women between June 2007 and September 2009. The victims' remains were found inside and outside of Sowell's Imperial Avenue home in Cleveland.
Sowell was sentenced to death for the heinous mass murder.
Tuesday, September 2 2014 11:12 PM EDT2014-09-03 03:12:05 GMT
The World Food Program says it provided food to a record 4.1 million people inside Syria last month.More >
Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant...More >
Tuesday, September 2 2014 4:42 PM EDT2014-09-02 20:42:09 GMT
Canadian police say pop star Justin Bieber has been charged with dangerous driving and assault after a collision between a minivan and an ATV led to a physical altercation in southwestern Ontario.More >
Canadian pop star Justin Bieber faces new charges after he was arrested for dangerous driving and assault following a collision between a minivan and an ATV that led to a physical altercation involving a photographer, his...More >