Worker hospitalized after pool pump explodes - KCTV5

Worker hospitalized after pool pump explodes

Posted: Updated:
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

A worker was rushed to the hospital after a pool pump exploded Monday afternoon.

Kansas City Fire Department officials said a valve blew, causing the explosion.

The explosion released chemicals into the air. A maintenance worker was overcome by the fumes and rushed to the hospital, officials said. He was treated and released.

Firefighters were able to stop the water and chemicals from entering a nearby clubhouse.

The pool is at a mobile home park at 11819 College Ave.

 

 

 

Powered by WorldNow
KCTV 5 News

Online Public File:
KCTV  KSMO

Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, KCTV; Kansas City, MO. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.