CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The trial of accused serial killer Anthony Sowell could be delayed again.
Sowell's lawyers filed papers Friday, asking the judge to move the trial to July.
It was supposed to start next month but they want more time to build a defense. His lawyers told the judge they more time to go through thousands of hours of surveillance video, sift through scientific evidence, find school records and prepare arguments to save Sowell's life.
But Judge Dick Ambrose told Sowell's lawyers to stop demanding the very best defense possible for him paid for with public money.
The court's already given him record amounts of money. Even Cuyahoga County prosecutors argue he's made requests for expert after expert and that's just too much.
Sowell is accused of killing 11 women, he's facing the death penalty.
Tuesday, September 2 2014 8:02 PM EDT2014-09-03 00:02:03 GMT
The World Food Program says it provided food to a record 4.1 million people inside Syria last month.More >
Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant...More >
Tuesday, September 2 2014 4:42 PM EDT2014-09-02 20:42:09 GMT
Canadian police say pop star Justin Bieber has been charged with dangerous driving and assault after a collision between a minivan and an ATV led to a physical altercation in southwestern Ontario.More >
Canadian pop star Justin Bieber faces new charges after he was arrested for dangerous driving and assault following a collision between a minivan and an ATV that led to a physical altercation involving a photographer, his...More >