We are now hiring for:
INFORMATION SYSTEMS COORDINATOR
Kansas City Kansas Police Department
INFORMATION SYSTEMS COORDINATOR
This position requires strong technical, analytical and business skills and would be responsible for architecting, implementing, and administering Windows-based Servers, Networking, and Active Directory services in a secure, highly available 24/7 Datacenter. The candidate for this position must possess advanced experience with active Directory Administration including Group Policy and PowerShell automation, Windows and Cisco Networking Technologies, and Windows Server Systems such as Microsoft Ex-change, System Center, and Microsoft SQL (administration) . This is a lead position and the candidate must be able to provide technical leadership and guidance, as well as the ability to be hands on and assist Tier I and Tier II desktop support staff and junior system administrators.
This position will:
- Play a key role in the day-to-day administration of the KCKPD’s datacenter which includes Windows Server systems, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V Virtualization, VMWare, and Enterprise Backup Technologies and Strategy.
- Help the team develop and realize our strategy to implement VDI, centralized deployment of Window Server 2016 and Windows 10 including virtual desktops and more.
- Help manage the KCKPD Cisco Call Manager VIOP Infrastructure, help select, and administer our next-generation VOIP Infra-structure.
- Perform basic Cisco switch configuration tasks, CiscoASA firewall configuration, and assist with the building and deployment of our high-speed fiber network infrastructure.
- Act as a Senior Technical Liaison with the Unified Government IT Staff fostering a collaborative partnership in which the KCKPD and Unified Government share intellectual and physical resources. Build a common technology roadmap with the Unified Government to maximize technology investments and shared skill sets and training to provide redundancy in operations and cross training.
- Research and develop new and innovative uses of technology to provide modern capabilities and efficiencies to the KCKPD while insuring that all systems and collaborative efforts comply with Kansas Criminal Justice Information Systems security policies. Help develop future cloud strategies including Office 365, Azure, and Amazon Web Services.
- Help develop and realize our data strategy to make data accessible to departments in support of their efforts to address priorities and challenges and to our governing body to help our government become an exemplar of data driven decision-making.
- Assist IT Management in developing a training policy for IT Staff. Utilize Help Desk metrics to guide IT training and process improvement.
Please submit applications/resumes to:
Unified Government Human Resources Department
701 North 7th Street, Rm. 646
Kansas City, KS 66101
The Unified Government offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package. Approximate starting salary: $4,432.14-$5,929.74/mo.
Application/resume deadline: Wednesday, October25, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. CST.
For more information, please visit our website at www.wycokck.org.
The Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workplace. Applicants selected as finalists for this position will be subject to a comprehensive background check.