Find the career you’ve been looking for at Garmin.
Your job search is over. It’s time for you to arrive at an exciting career working for Garmin. We have a variety of opportunities throughout our growing company. From careers in engineering and marketing to operations and administration, we are always looking for talented individuals to join the Garmin family.
Whether it’s our excellent benefits packages and generous compensation plans or our friendly employees and numerous perks, you’ll find that every opportunity at Garmin is a rewarding one. And let’s not forget about the generous discounts that our employees enjoy on all of the great gear and products we make! It’s just another benefit that makes Garmin such an enjoyable place to work.
Hiring now for:
Marine Product Support Specialist 2-17000D7
Do you live for the crystal clear still water and the fish biting? Do you love being out on the water? Is fishing your passion? Is sailing what you live for? Have you marked all your favorite hidden coves with your Garmin? Do you enjoy using and learning about the latest technology? Are you a natural problem solver and have excellent customer service skills? Does the idea of sharing the latest in marine technology with Garmin customers excite you? If so, Garmin is hiring full-time positions in our Olathe Contact Center and we’d love to hear from you!
The customer is always right. That’s why our product support specialists have to have a passion for the products they support. We’re seeking someone who not only loves being out on the water but also loves to talk about it for our marine consumer electronics segment. Must display strong customer support skills when answering inbound customer calls, emails and other requests regarding product functionality, installation, orders and pricing. If you believe there are no stupid questions or detail too small to discuss, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a full time Product Support Specialist to join our Marine team at our Olathe, Kansas Contact Center. In this role, you’ll be responsible for receiving and efficiently answering basic customer inbound phone calls, email inquiries and requests regarding products, orders, pricing, technical support and other services offered by Garmin. Other essential functions include:
- Accurate and timely entry of orders and disposition and note customer contacts
- Remain current on changes in policies, procedures, and product offerings
- Completes tasks and/or projects of moderate complexity with limited process definition
- Develop and maintain department and company image and philosophy to the public
- Become highly knowledgeable in the specifications, capabilities and operation of Garmin products
- Efficiently answer customer technical inquiries regarding Garmin products troubleshooting via telephone, letters, fax and electronic mail
- Must meet or exceed departmental goals and metrics
- Timely completion of tasks and/or projects of intermediate complexity with defined processes
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
Qualified candidates possess a high school diploma or GED and a minimum or 2 years demonstrated experience performing a customer service role. Other requirements include:
- Experience with MS Office including, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with consumer electronics
- Demonstrated commendable attendance
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a reliable and predictable basis
Associates with previous experience installing marine equipment and demonstrated understanding of DC Electrical systems are highly preferred.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Please visit our website for more details and to apply online www.garmin.com/careers.