A Special Place to Be!
At Heartland Surgical Specialty Hospital, we stand for excellence in both multi-specialty hospital care and personal service. Press Ganey Associates, the leader in measuring healthcare quality, has recognized Heartland's dedication to customer satisfaction with their prestigious Summit Award. By reaching and sustaining the highest level of core measures of excellence, this is the third and consecutive year that Heartland has received this award. The hospital was one of just 87 facilities in the United States that were honored for superior levels of inpatient services and the continues to be the only hospital in Kansas and Missouri to receive this coveted award.!
This is no accident. We work very hard to put the patient at the center of everything we do. Our patient centered focus has also been recognized by Women Certified, the voice of female consumers, as one of America's Top 100 Hospitals.
Our superb staff and the doctors who practice here have earned the loyalty and respect of patients and families. It's a very special place to be, offering a stimulating professional environment, state-of-the-art technology and many opportunities for personal growth and service to our community. To learn more about TEAM HEARTLAND, visit our website at www.hssh.org or click the Heartland logo.
Employment at Heartland Surgical Specialty Hospital comes with many benefits! Besides working with an outstanding team of healthcare professionals in a state-of-the-art medical facility, there are tangible benefits our employees enjoy.
Benefits for full-time and some part-time positions include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flex Spending Account and Cafeteria Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Leave Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence
Bariatric CoordinatorJOB SUMMARY
Responsible for the overall coordination and maintenance of the Bariatric Program and COE status. Develops and maintains a culture in which staff is prepared to manage morbidly obese patients and care for these individuals with compassion. Educate all staff on the emotional burden and co-morbidities of the disease. As well as educate staff on the basic concepts of bariatric surgery. Assures all SRC guidelines are met at all times. Must always work collaboratively and successfully with the Chief Nursing Officer, Medical Director, Bariatric Medical Director and other physicians and administrative staff.
Develop educational programs for all staff along with the Clinical Educator
Monitor all bariatric patients from pre-admissions to discharge
Accurately maintain all data elements and submit to required databank
Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all SRC COE guidelines
Develop educational material for bariatric patients
Work within and develop annual budget
Develop and maintain and ICU
Develop clinical pathways for the Bariatric patient
24/7 call responsibility
Provide bedside care to ICU patients when necessary
BSN with MSN preferred
Minimum of 5 years of ICU experience
Preferred is 5-7 years of ICU experience, previous supervisor/education experience
Kansas Registered Nurse
ACLS and BLS
Certified Bariatric Nurse (if not on hire will obtain within 6 months)
Articulate and concise communicator
Demonstrate ability to work independently
Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, databank, statistical analysis
Clinical Information Systems Analyst
Performs the essential functions of mission, integration, teamwork, time management, communication/interpersonal relationships, organizational contribution, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with the characteristics outlined under each competency
The Informatics Analyst understands the delivery of patient care and the use of information technology to improve processes and patient care. It requires strong leadership, communication, and collaborative skills and the ability to promote positive change. The position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of Meditech related to clinical operations. The Informatics Analyst will partner with Administration, IT Manager, Clinical Educator and other departments in the development, monitoring, education and promotion of all clinical modules of Meditech. In addition the position will monitor hospital wide Report Cards and metrics including data mining in all areas effective for executive and middle manager reporting. The position will also work in Performance Improvement related to Clinical Operations and other capacities as determined necessary.
- Project management, implementation, administration, and troubleshooting of Meditech Client/Server HCIS and integrated third party systems.
- Ensuring security and data recovery to fulfill the requirements of HIPAA, The Joint Commission, and HITECH Act.
- Design, configure, administer, monitor, troubleshoot, and upgrade system servers and software. Including, but not limited to: Cisco VOIP System, Meditech, PACS, SQLServer, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory & Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, and VMware.
- Design, configure, administer, monitor, troubleshoot, and upgrade network hardware and software. Including, but not limited to Cisco firewall, router, switches, wireless access points, and phones.
- Design, configure, administer, monitor, troubleshoot, and upgrade workstation software.
- Disaster Plan Recovery and Business Continuity planning and testing.
- Design and create Meditech NPR reports.
- Ability to create and stay within capital, operational, and project budgets. Seeks competitive bids on purchases.
- Development and maintenance of overall principles for safe design and use of physician order sets, clinical documentation, physician documentation.
- Maintain PI measures with positive outcomes for clinical departments utilizing Meditech.
- Work within a defined budget.
- Demonstrate the ability to define project objectives and oversee quality control during all project phases.
- Effective time management.
- Works collaboratively with users of clinical information systems.
- Attends and participates in assigned hospital meetings. Serves as subject matter expert.
- On-call 24x7.
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems (or similar). Masters degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in network/information services
- Meditech NPR Report Writer
- Familiarity with HL7
- Fundamental understanding of hospital operations
Must possess the ability to use critical thinking skills to identify opportunities. Must have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing. Must possess a level of analytical skills to identify organizational needs and solve problems. Effectively prioritizes workload to meet deadlines.
Responsible for scheduling radiology, pain, and special procedures and surgeries accurately. Ensure insurance has been verified with authorizations in place as needed.
- Phone and fax skills
- Data Entry of all information
- Provide knowledgeable and friendly assistance.
- Must be detail oriented and organized. Promotes effective teamwork
- Displays professional behavior and positive attitude at all times
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures
- Promotes effective teamwork.
- Effectively manages hospital resources (time, supplies, equipment, etc.).
High School Diploma/GED
- Must have at least 1 year scheduling multiple departments in an acute care hospital setting with emphasis on surgical scheduling.
- Computer experience with Meditech or Microsoft programs preferred. Insurance or billing experience preferred
Understanding multiple OR, diagnostic scheduling, and insurance coverage. Customer service skills and ability to multi task efficiently is required.
Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 codes, and insurance carriers i.e. commercial (HMO and PPO), worker's compensation, Medicare, Medicaid
Heartland Surgical Specialty Hospital offers an excellent benefits and compensation package. Become part of this exciting experience. To apply for these positions please send a resume, detailing your work history to Heartland Surgical Specialty Hospital, 10720 Nall, Overland Park, KS 66212, or fax to 913-754-4560 or apply online at www.hssh.org . You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.