Nebraska Furniture Mart
Distribution Preparation Specialist
Summary: To carefully uncrate, assemble, and inspect merchandise to prevent damaged or defective product from getting delivered to NFM’s external customer.
- Uncrate, assemble, prepare, and stage product for delivery. 60%
- Uncrate and assemble merchandise according to the directions. Use all tools and equipment safely. (30%)
- Prepare merchandise to meet customer expectations. Apply fabric protection to leather and upholstered merchandise. Use safety equipment when spraying merchandise. Mount mirrors, verify hardware, bag accessories, etc. readying merchandise for delivery. (15%)
- Stage product according to delivery stop number. Stage product neatly and safely. (15%)
- Inspect product for defects and communicate the defects. Audit the bay(s) to verify that all orders are complete. 20%
- Inspect product for damage/defects. Communicate defects to DOC Coordinator. Fill out product defect forms for pieces needing repair. Use flagging tape to mark defects. (10%)
- Use paperwork to check for special instructions, audit bay(s), make sure that all product is in the bay, and check for orders that may have been written incorrectly. (10%)
- Housekeeping and maintenance. 20%
- Break down, separate, and neatly stack trash into trash flats. Dispose of trash. Sweep bays and keep work areas clean. (10%)
- Remove cancelled and rescheduled product from bay(s). Rewrap product needing to be returned to stock. Label product correctly with ID and special instruction labels. Update computer system to show product’s location. (10%)
- Education and/or Experience:
- Less than a high school diploma/G.E.D.
- 6-12 months labor or warehouse experience
To apply, visit www.nfm.com/careers.