Find the career you've been looking for at Garmin.
Your job search is over. It's time for you to arrive at an exciting career working for Garmin. We have a variety of opportunities throughout our growing company. From careers in engineering and marketing to operations and administration, we are always looking for talented individuals to join the Garmin family.
Whether it's our excellent benefits packages and generous compensation plans or our friendly employees and numerous perks, you'll find that every opportunity at Garmin is a rewarding one. And let's not forget about the generous discounts that our employees enjoy on all of the great gear and products we make! It's just another benefit that makes Garmin such an enjoyable place to work.
So if you're interested in joining the Garmin team and experiencing all of the excitement that's taking place, we invite you to explore our Careers section on Garmin.com and point your career in the right direction.
Click here to learn more about Garmin with stories from the inside.
Here are this week’s feature positions:
Machinist/Tool Maker (1st Shift)
In operations, we literally do it all…in-house. We are looking for skilled, energetic individuals who want to join our Machine Shop. This associate will do everything from programming to set-up and operation of CNC lathes and mills to manufacture prototype and short run production parts. If you’re ready to work – and have fun, too – come, help us put the pieces together!
We’re on the hunt for a Mr. – or Ms. – Make-It. Our next machinist/tool maker needs to be able to read blueprints, sketches and or solid models and be able to figure out what needs to be done to program, fixture and make it. So, if you think you’re ready to get your hands dirty, then send us your resume, we have a lot of products to get out the door, and there’s no time for delays serving our customers.We are looking for a full time Machinist/Tool Maker at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you’ll be responsible for these essential functions:
- Study specifications, such as blueprint, sketch, damaged part or description of part to be made, to determine dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations and tools, materials and machines required
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
- Set up and operate metal removing machines, such as CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, or grinder to machine parts to specification
- Verify conformance of workpiece to specifications, using measuring instruments
- Position and secure workpiece in holding device, such as chuck or collet or on surface plate or worktable with such devices as vises, V-blocks and angle plates
- Use hand tools, such as files, scrapers and wrenches, to fit and assemble parts to assemblies or mechanisms
- Verify dimensions and alignment with measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gages and gage blocks
- May operate mechanism or machine, observe operation or test with inspection equipment
Other responsibilities include performing preventive maintenance on machines, evaluating equipment and processes to ensure associate safety, programming Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining work centers, and ensuring compliance with Garmin’s Attendance Policy.Qualified candidates will possess a High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 4 years experience operating a variety of metal cutting machinery. Other requirements include:
- Must possess the ability to lift up to 35 lbs to effectively perform the essential functions of this job description
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment to effectively meet deadlines.
Candidates with a machinist certification and/or previous experience with MasterCam Software, set-up and operation of a CNC Lathe and/or CNC Mill are preferred.
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved. We believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefit plans around. We offer extensive health care coverage with little to no contributions, depending on the plan. Plus, we offer dental insurance, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Retirement Plan, and much more....trust us, it doesn’t get much better than this. Unless of course, you want to talk table tennis, fitness spaces, product discounts….come on, what are you waiting for? Apply today.