KANSAS CITY MISSOURI SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Title: Prevailing Wage Compliance Assistant
Job Title Code: 01437
Salary Grade: A60
Reports To: Director of Facilities
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date Prepared: 5/2/11
PURPOSE OF JOB: To assist with monitoring and compliance with Board of Education Policies and Guidelines, State of Missouri Department of Labor Standards and Prevailing Wage Laws. Responsibilities will include the areas of contractor compliance with affirmative hiring, utilization of minorities and women in the work force, verification of MBE & WBE contractors at the job site, Internal and external scheduling of district resources and processing of internal district work requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in obtaining a prevailing wage determination from the Division of Labor Standards for all projects prior to advertising for bid.
- Assist in the process of insuring the wage determination is incorporated in the contract specifications on all District construction projects.
- Insure that School District projects commence in good faith or have a contract awarded within one hundred (180) days from the date the wage determination is issued.
- Assists in the establishment and implementation of District Affirmative Employment Utilization Program for the construction work force and monitor contractor/vendor compliance.
- Examination of certified payrolls and other records as submitted for each general contractor and subcontractor to assure compliance with legal requirements.
- To verify and sign off on the final request of payment to the General Contractor on all School District construction projects.
- Assist in the investigation of prevailing wage complaints.
- Work with external organizations to improve communications and develop good working relationships.
- Assist at pre-bid and pre-construction meetings to inform contractors of their obligations and procedures in completing and submitting required documentation.
- Assist in the development of monitoring reports for all construction projects.
- Maintain a current understanding of amendments to Prevailing Wage Law from the Division of Labor Standards for the State of Missouri.
- Assist with the scheduling and monitoring use of district resources.
- Assist in the procession and assignment of district work requests.
- Maintain accurate and timely records related to the completion of internal work requests.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Seven (7) years work experience in related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on the needs of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive support to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Computer literate.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in interpretation and implementation of Board of Education Policies.
- Experience in interpretation and implementation of State and Federal Guidelines and Policies
- Experience in the scheduling of district wide resources.
- Experience in processing report documents ready for presentations to Members of the Board of Education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, lift objects of at least ten pounds. Job requires the employee occasionally to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Visual ability requires mono and color vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of work year: 12 months
Benefits: Retirement Programs, Health, Dental and Life Insurance are provided.